The Cayman Islands visa requirements
differ according to nationality and the purpose of the stay and they are not required for all those who intent to enter the jurisdiction. Nationals from countries that are subject to visa requirements will not
be asked to obtain this document in certain situations (such as when holding a work permit) and only in those cases in which the traveler is not a prohibited immigrant.
The visa for Cayman Islands is applied for with the nearest British Embassy or Consulate that has a visa section. The overall processing time depends on where the application is submitted and, in general, submissions with a UK Overseas Mission are subject to a longer processing duration.
Investors who are interested in Cayman Islands company formation may require a business visitor visa or another type of document that corresponds to the purpose of the stay. Our team
details the main Cayman Islands visa requirements
in this article, however, for detailed information on the visas and permits, as well as assistance for application, interested individuals are free to reach out to our agents.
Who requires a visa to visit Grand Cayman?
The following list includes examples of countries that are subject to Cayman Islands visa requirements unless exempt: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Bangladesh. Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Cuba, Egypt, India, Iraq, Korea, Qatar, Turkey, Vietnam.
Please keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list. Our agents who specialize in obtaining the visa for Cayman Islands can provide complete information upon request.
Nationals of countries listed above, as well as the others included on the list by the Cayman Islands Government
, are exempt from a visa to enter the country when:
- they have a work permit;
- they are listed as a dependant of a work permit holder;
- they have permission to permanently reside in the country;
- they are the holder of a valid re-entry permit
- they are Jamaican, Indian or Chinese nationals who have a valid visa for the United States of America, Canada or the United Kingdom and they arrive to the Islands directly from one of these countries.
Our team can provide you with more details about prohibited immigrants, as they are defined in the Immigration Law.
What is the application process for a visa for Cayman Islands?
Individuals who need to apply for an entry or transit visa will need to do so with the nearest British Embassy or Consulate Section that receives such visa applications. For example, Cuban nationals are required to apply to the British Embassy in Havana.
The visa applications are usually processed within ten to seven days, however, the total processing time can last more than 14 days for a visa for Cayman Islands submitted to a UK Overseas Mission.
What documents are required to travel to the Cayman Islands?
The filled in visa application form is the main document to be submitted. The one issued for a general visitor requires the following information:
Type of visa: this can be the single or multiple entry visitor visa; the option will depend on the purpose of the stay;
Information about the applicant: full name, date and place of birth, nationality, passport details and current contact details;
Information about the applicant’s family: for those who are married or living with a partner (when they are traveling together) as well as any children, as applicable;
Others: information about previous application visa is also required as well as details about the stay in the Cayman Islands and finances and employment details.
can provide complete details about the Cayman Islands visa requirements
irrespective of your nationality.
Fees apply for all categories of visas and permits. Investors who travel to the Cayman Islands for business purposes
need to be mindful of the following:
- 50 CI$ is the application fee for a business visitor’s permit;
- 1,000 CI$ for a certificate of direct investment;
- 750 CI$ per visit per person in the calendar year for entering the Grand Cayman when the occupation of the business visitor attracts an annual work permit fee between 10,401 CI$ and 31,400 CI$; the fee for Cayman Brac and Little Cayman is lower in this case.
- 150 CI$ per visit for one person as per the calendar year when the occupation of the business visitor attracts an annual work permit fee of up to 2,100 CI$.
for more information about the application process, the fees and the general Cayman Islands visa requirements